top of page

Scott | Cedar | Clinton | Jackson

Counties Served:
About WIC
WIC Eligibility

About WIC

The Women, Infants, and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program or WIC provides a variety of food and infant formula, healthcare referrals, nutrition education/counseling, and breastfeeding promotion and support to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five.

How WIC Helps Your Family

  • Receive monthly food benefits for healthy eating

  • Free mini health checks with referrals to community agencies

  • Free lead screenings

  • Breastfeeding support for moms and babies

  • Nutrition assessment and counseling

Who is Eligible?

In order to meet eligibility guidelines you must be a resident in the state of Iowa. You must be a pregnant or a postpartum woman and/or have a child or infant under the age of five.  Participants with Medicaid cards automatically qualify.  If you are not registered for Medicaid, you must meet income guidelines listed below.

Income Guidlines

Breastfeeding Support

The experience of breastfeeding is special for so many reasons: the joyful closeness and bonding with your baby, the cost savings, and the health benefits for both mother and baby. Every woman's journey to motherhood is different, but one of the first decisions a new mom makes is how to feed her child. We can help you!

Family Size
Gross Monthly Income
Gross Annual Income
WIC Breastfeeding Anchor

WIC Program: Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, or by calling 1-866-632-9992 or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C., 20250-9410; or by fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or by email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

bottom of page